Noise Control & Hearing Conservation is a half-day (3 hour) course facilitated by an occupational hygienist to help participants understand legal requirements regarding workplace noise and learn how a hearing conservation program – a planned, coordinated course of action – can assist in preventing hearing loss.
Course includes a 9 page Hearing Conservation Guide.
This course is only delivered at an on-site location.
Please contact Customer Care at 905-614-1400 or 1-877-494-WSPS (9777) for more information about availability and on-site pricing.
- Strategies and tools to assist with the recognition, assessment and control of noise and the key elements of a hearing conservation/loss prevention program (HCP/HLPP).
- Practice and familiarity through activities and case study to:
- (R) Recognize noise sources
- (A) Assess noise exposure
- (C) Determine specific control measures
- Identify the appropriate PPE to be purchased
- Evaluate where their organization is with respect to a HCP
- Determine next steps/priorities in establishing their HCP.
Upon completion, you will be able to
- Meet legal obligations and minimize risk of non-compliance by providing worker training
- Mitigate the risks and costs of noise-related injury and illnesses by building internal capacity to identify and control noise hazards through a hearing conversation program.
- Increase workers awareness of exposure to noise hazards associated with environment, equipment and/or machines.
- Demonstrate due diligence by ensuring workers receive training that can be understood and applied.
This course will be a benefit to anyone working in a workplace with high noise levels such as noisy equipment or machinery.
Additionally, it is for anyone in the workplace who needs to establish a hearing conservation program. This would include:
- Health & Safety coordinators
- JHSC members
- Others responsible for health & safety in the workplace.