Workers can be exposed to significant hazards when machines are not properly safeguarded during operation or locked out during maintenance and repair. Exposure to these hazards can result in serious injuries such as amputation of limbs or death and costly liabilities for employers.
By offering this course, WSPS is able to help customers understand regulatory requirements relating to machine safeguarding and take appropriate steps to protect workers and their business from harm.
This training solution helps employers to:
- Reduce the risk of injury and avoid costly incidents, prosecutions, fines, property losses and downtime.
- Save time and money (when compared with the CSA/WSPS 1-day Safeguarding of Machinery course).
- Demonstrate due diligence.
This course is delivered in a public classroom and/or can also be delivered in an on-site location.
Please contact Customer Care at 905-614-1400 or 1-877-494-WSPS (9777) for more information about availability and on-site pricing.
This half-day, instructor-led course offers the following features:
- Developed with the support of a WSPS machine safeguarding expert - our expert advisor chaired the CSA Technical Committee on Safeguarding of Machinery.
- Delivered only by WSPS technical experts qualified in machine safety or equivalent.
- Includes activities that facilitate optimal transfer of knowledge to learners.
- Can be tailored to the customer's requirements and include site-specific examples and walk-throughs when delivered on-site.
Upon completion, you will be able to
- Explain the importance of machine safety
- Explain relevant legislation and standards
- Identify machine-related hazards
- Explain how to assess machine-related hazards
- Identify safeguarding options for machinery
- Describe where to find machine safety-related resources
- Safety professionals & engineers
- Managers & supervisors of operations, plants and warehouses
- Purchasing & maintenance personnel
- Others responsible for inspecting or maintaining machinery