Manage the hazards in your workplace with a proven method that's easy to learn, use, and implement.
This half-day course explains the principles of hazard management in an easy-to-understand format and introduces a new, practical hazard management tool that has been developed by the prevention system.
Incidents from hazards in the workplace can have costly consequences for employers and employees alike. With a proper hazard management program, potential and actual hazards can be recognized, assessed and controlled before they contribute to costly workplace incidents.
Employers and supervisors also have a legal duty to take all reasonable precautions to protect workers. They only way to effectively carry out this duty is through a sound hazard management program.
This course is designed to serve as a starting point for companies that do not have a hazard management program in place. It will also help companies who wish to improve their existing hazard management programs. Participants learn simple and straightforward skills and techniques to effectively manage hazards in the workplace.
None (see note below)
This course is delivered in a public classroom and/or can also be delivered in an on-site location.
Please contact Customer Care at 905-614-1400 or 1-877-494-WSPS (9777) for more information about availability and on-site pricing.
Participants are asked to download the IRS Primer and read it before the start of the course.
- A review of the internal responsibility system (IRS)
- Step-by-step approach to recognizing, assessing and controlling hazards
- Evaluating the ongoing effectiveness of controls
- Introduction of management tool to help with RACE.
Upon completion, you will be able to
- Identify the roles and responsibilities of employers, supervisors and workers for hazard management under the Occupational Health and Safety Act
- List the types of workplace health and safety hazards
- Practice using the RACE (recognize, assess, control, evaluate) process of hazard management with the new hazard management tool
- Recognize the importance of ongoing monitoring of hazards and their controls.
This course is intended for supervisors, managers, JHSC members, and health and safety representatives in companies that do not have a hazard management program in place and those that wish to improve their existing programs.