Inspecting Your Workplace (Federal) is a half‐day, instructor‐led course that equips participants with the necessary knowledge and skills to do regular, planned workplace inspections as required by the Canada Labour Code, Part II. This solution is available in both English and French.
At this time there are no session dates scheduled.
Please contact Customer Care at 905-614-1400 or 1-877-494-WSPS (9777) for more information about availability and on-site pricing.
- Types of workplace inspections
- Legal requirements
- Role and responsibilities
- Inspection best practices
- Hazard identification
- Risk evaluation
- Steps of workplace inspections
Upon completion, you will be able to
- Review the purpose of and legal requirements for conducting workplace inspections
- Discuss the types of workplace inspections
- Understand what hazards are and the types
- Discuss how to Recognize, Assess, Control, and Evaluate (RACE) hazards
- Understand the steps of a workplace inspection
- Conduct a practice inspection
Inspecting Your Workplace is intended for anyone in the workplace who will be carrying out regular planned workplace inspections. This includes:
- Workplace health and safety committee members
- Health and safety representatives