Available in French
Hazardous Occurrence Investigations (Federal) is a half‐day, instructor‐led course that covers the purpose and benefits of an investigation, legal reporting requirements proven steps and techniques for conducting effective investigations. This training provides workplace committees and other parties with the knowledge and skills that meet or exceed the requirements of the Canada Labour Code, Part II and the Canadian Occupational Health and Safety Regulations. This solution is available in both English and French.
This course is delivered in a public classroom and/or can also be delivered in an on-site location.
Please contact Customer Care at 905-614-1400 or 1-877-494-WSPS (9777) for more information about availability and on-site pricing.
- Key definitions.
- Purpose of investigation.
- Legal requirements.
- Investigation process.
- Determining causes and contributing factors.
- Communication and recommendations.
Upon completion, you will be able to
- Discuss hazardous occurrence investigation principles.
- Identify relevant legal requirements for reporting hazardous occurrences.
- Recognize the steps in conducting investigations.
- Practice conducting an investigation.
This solution is targeted to anyone who may conduct investigations including:
- Workplace health and safety committee members.
- Health and safety representatives.