Confined space entry is a hazardous and highly regulated activity. Confined space training is a requirement of the confined space regulations (Regulation 632/05).
All industry sectors with confined spaces need training on the legal requirements and how to safely work within confined spaces. When an incident happens in a confined space, it often results in one or more fatalities.
This course provides participants with the information they need to establish an effective confined space program. This helps employers meet their legal duties and prevent costly incidents.
At this time there are no session dates scheduled.
This is a 1/2 day (4 - 4.5 hours) instructor-led training program.
Please contact Customer Care at 905-614-1400 or 1-877-494-WSPS (9777) for more information about availability and on-site pricing.
- how to recognize, assess and control confined space hazards
- relevant legislation
- a participant guide that serves as a post-training resource to help participants implement their own confined space program
Upon completion, you will be able to
- describe the structure of occupational health and safety law in Ontario
- be able to define 'confined space'
- recognize common confined space hazards
- describe the elements of an effective confined space system (program, assessment, plan, and permit)
- identify basic controls and legal requirements for entry
This training is intended for supervisors, joint health and safety committee members, and workers who have a confined space, or who have inadequate or out-of-date policies and procedures.