This program blends in-class learning with a practical training component. Upon completion, participants will be knowledgeable about confined space requirements under the Occupational Health and Safety Act, and will be able to recognize confined spaces, describe the major hazards, identify controls, and perform a confined space rescue. Participants are required to bring their own CSA approved head, eye, foot and hand protection. The participant will not be permitted to participate in the course if they do not bring the noted personal protective equipment and tools.
- Potential hazards of confined spaces
- How to recognize a confined space as defined by the Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Employer programs for confined space entry
- Hazards and their assessment
- Plans for controlling hazards of confined space activity
- Training and entry permits
- Confined space rescue
Personnel who are required to enter confined spaces.
Contact Customer Care at 1-877-494-9777 or 905-614-1400 for more information and to book training.
Offered by Workplace Safety & Prevention Services with Infrastructure Health & Safety Association.
To order: https://www.ihsa.ca/Training/Courses/Confined-Space-Entry.aspx