Learn to Recognize and Control Hazards in Your Farming Operations
Certification is a two-step training process. Part Two builds on what you've learned in Part One and is the final step to becoming a certified member of a Joint Health and Safety Committee (JHSC). Committee members become certified after completing BOTH Part One and Part Two training.
In 2015, the Ministry of Labour (MOL) released a NEW Joint Health and Safety Committee Certification Training Program Standard which took effect on March 1, 2016. Visit the Joint Health and Safety Committee, Certification Training Overview page for more information.
This highly interactive and engaging 2-day Part Two training is based on the NEW Certification Training Program Standard and takes JHSC members on a journey. The focus is on strengthening participants' understanding of the RACE process (Recognition, Assessment, Control and Evaluation) so they could apply this to ALL hazards in their workplace, not just those covered in the course. Delivered by experienced health and safety experts that know your industry and the risks you face.
Certification Part One training
The minimum requirement for JHSC Certification Part Two training is two days (or 13 hours). All participants must meet the minimum training requirement to successfully complete the program. If portions of the program are missed, the participant will be required to retake the training.
This course is delivered in a public classroom and/or can also be delivered in an on-site location.
Please contact Customer Care at 905-614-1400 or 1-877-494-WSPS (9777) for more information about availability and on-site pricing.
- Legal requirements, standards and guidelines
- Review of the top hazard categories:
- STF (Slips, Trips, Falls)
- MVIs (Tractor & ATVs)
- Unguarded Machinery
- Unsafe Material Handling
- Exposure to Hazardous Chemicals & Substances
- Physical (e.g., Noise, Heat)
- Action planning and recommendations
- Use of the Hazard Management Tool
- The RACE process and application to 6 sector-specific hazards
- JHSC role and completion of the process to become fully certified
Upon completion, you will be able to
Have the knowledge, skills and tools to complete the requirements of Part Two training under the new Certification Standards.
This training is suitable for farming operations with 50 or more regularly employed workers that may be required to have certified members (mushroom, greenhouse, dairy, hog, cattle, poultry).
Who should attend:
- New and existing JHSC members.
- Supervisors, managers and other workplace parties including health and safety representatives who wish to obtain hazard specific knowledge.