Are you prepared? WHMIS is being transitioned to WHMIS 2015 with a deadline for completion by December 1, 2018*. If you already have WHMIS 2015-labelled chemicals in your workplace, your workers require WHMIS 2015 training now.
Our top-selling video-based solution is fully revamped and GHS-compliant!
The WHMIS 2015 for Workers Self-Paced Training Program is designed to help workers recognize the hazard classification and communication components of WHMIS 2015; understand the critical information provided through these components; and apply that information to protect their health and safety.
This cost-effective option developed by WSPS in partnership with Liftow Ltd. allows you to train workers whenever you need. The flexible format allows you to administer individual training and / or facilitate group training. Your schedule. Your location. Your choice of delivery.
New features include a versatile modular format, superior video, improved supporting material, interactive knowledge checks throughout the program and more. Training can be completed in less than 2 hours. Includes a final quiz to ensure participant understanding.
* For federally-regulated employers, the completion deadline is June 1, 2019.
The WHMIS 2015 for Workers Self-Paced Training Program includes the following:
- 1 Video (run-time 32 minutes) - available on USB
- 1 Administrator Guide
- 5 Participant Guides
- 5 tear-out Certificates
- 5 tear-out Wallet Cards
- 1 full-colour Poster
Additional print packages are available for separate purchase.
Upon completion, you will be able to
- Describe WHMIS 2015/GHS and why it is important to workers
- Describe the hazards associated with chemicals
- Identify the WHMIS 2015 hazard classes and pictograms
- Identify and apply the information on supplier and workplace labels
- Describe the purpose, content and function of a Safety Data Sheet (SDS)
- Describe how to control chemical hazards
- Describe legal rights and duties under WHMIS 2015
NOTE: Generic WHMIS 2015 training needs to be supplemented with workplace-specific training that trains workers on the safe use, handling, storage and disposal of the actual hazardous products that the worker may be exposed to at work.
Every worker who may be exposed to WHMIS 2015-labelled chemicals at work must be trained.
USB version; self-paced learning module