The system used across Canada to provide safety information about hazardous products in the workplace has changed. This course will help you understand and meet your health safety responsibilities as a manager or supervisor under WHMIS 2015. You will learn about your duties, pictograms and their meanings, product labels, and safety data sheets. Practical advice and guidance on basic health and safety measures are also included so you can take steps to protect your workers, and prevent injuries and illnesses.
WHMIS 2015 includes new standardized classification criteria, label requirements and safety data sheet requirements. As a manager or supervisor, you need to know your duties, ensure that your workers are trained, label all hazardous products properly, and make sure up-to-date safety data sheets are accessible.
- WHMIS basics and the duties of the employer.
- Duties and responsibilities of a manager or supervisor.
- Components of a WHMIS 2015 program:
- Hazard communication.
- WHMIS classes and their pictograms.
- Safety Data Sheets (SDS).
- Safe use and handling of hazardous products.
- Education and training.
- Helpful resources.
Upon completion of this course, the participant will be able to
- Describe your duties and responsibilities as a manager or supervisor under WHMIS 2015 regulations.
- Identify the WHMIS classes and pictograms and their meanings.
- Recognize the types of information provided on supplier labels and workplace labels.
- Understand the information on safety data sheets and be able to find information on hazards and preventive measures.
- Understand the importance of controlling hazards to protect employees working with hazardous products.
- Find additional information on hazardous products.
- Managers and supervisors in workplaces where hazardous products are used.
- Human resources and safety professionals with responsibilities for training and compliance.
Prior technical knowledge of health and safety is not a requirement. However, familiarity with workplace processes and practices is helpful.
This course is delivered as an on-line e-learning course. All you need is a computer, access to the Internet - and you are ready to go! This e-learning course is designed to help you learn at your own pace and in your own environment at your own convenience.
During checkout, you can choose to register as a single learner or select a multiple learner license. With a multiple learner license you will act as an administrator and add learners from your company. Also available in French.
Please note, this course is not eligible for a volume discount.