Disponible en français
Wherever people interact at work there is a potential for violence, regardless of the job. This course helps frontline supervisors, workers and anyone else with an interest in workplace safety develop a clear understanding of what workplace violence is, the consequences of workplace violence and preventive measures that can be taken.
Develop a clear understanding of what workplace violence is, the consequences of workplace violence and preventive measures that can be taken.
- What is workplace violence?
- Risk factors of workplace violence
- Why workplace violence is an important issue
- How to reduce the risks
- Preventive measures
- What to do when involved in an incident of workplace violence
- Legal responsibilities of employers to prevent workplace violence
Upon completion of this course, the participant will be able to
- Understand what workplace violence is
- Identify incidents of workplace violence
- Know what occupations and jobs are at higher risk for violence
- Understand why workplace violence is such an important issue
- Know what to do if you are involved in or witness a violent situation
- Understand what the employer should do, including their legal responsibilities
This course is designed for frontline supervisors and workers.
This course is delivered as an on-line e-learning course. All you need is a computer, access to the Internet - and you are ready to go! This e-learning course is designed to help you learn at your own pace and in your own environment at your own convenience.
During checkout, you can choose to register as a single learner or select a multiple learner license. With a multiple learner license you will act as an administrator and add learners from your company.
Also available in French.