Disponible en français
Employers have an obligation to make sure that all workers have the ability to do their jobs safely. Being impaired at work - whether caused by alcohol, drugs, or another source - can affect our ability to focus, make decisions, follow instructions, and handle equipment and tools.
This course focuses on impairment and the steps a workplace can take to address this issue, using cannabis as an example. Key steps include educating and training supervisors and employees on recognizing and dealing with impairment, providing clear guidance to all parties, and using a fair and consistent approach when applying policies and procedures.
- Effects of cannabis as an example.
- Testing for cannabis.
- Program development.
- Employer, supervisor, and employee roles.
- Human rights and the duty to accommodate.
Upon completion of the course you will know how to
- Describe the impact and causes of impairment.
- Understand the effects of cannabis as an example of a substance that causes impairment.
- Know the importance of having a workplace policy and corresponding procedures about impairment.
- Understand the roles of the employer, supervisor, and employee.
- Describe the role of human rights in terms of impairment.
- Managers and supervisors.
- Health and safety committee members.
- Human resources specialists.
- Health and safety advisors.
This course is delivered as an on-line e-learning course. All you need is a computer, access to the Internet - and you are ready to go! This e-learning course is designed to help you learn at your own pace and in your own environment at your own convenience.
During checkout, you can choose to register as a single learner or select a multiple learner license. With a multiple learner license you will act as an administrator and add learners from your company.
Also available in French.