Disponible en français
Emergencies can occur at any time and while prevention is the key to avoiding emergencies, it's important that everyone at the workplace be prepared if, and when, they do occur. This course provides workers with a basic understanding of what is required to prepare for workplace emergencies, how they can be ready to respond as well as what they should know about their employer's emergency response plan.
Be prepared for workplace emergencies and learn to Identify potential emergencies and how to respond.
This introductory course is best supplemented with additional training on the specific emergency response plan at your workplace. Emergency Preparedness for Workers does not address community-wide emergencies not directly related to the workplace, including pandemic planning.
The course features case studies, review quizzes, and "Ask a Question". A final examination to measure learning is also included.
- Key steps to emergency preparedness
- Rights and responsibilities of employers and workers
- Identifying potential emergencies
- Activating the response evacuation and assembly procedures
- Emergency response details training requirements
Upon completion of this course, the participant will be able to
- Describe the key steps in pre-planning emergencies
- Identify potential emergencies in the workplace
- Explain roles in emergency planning and response.
- Anyone working with an emergency response plan for their workplace
- Health and safety committee members making informed recommendations regarding their organization's emergency response plans.
This course is delivered as an on-line e-learning course. All you need is a computer, access to the Internet - and you are ready to go! This e-learning course is designed to help you learn at your own pace and in your own environment at your own convenience.
During checkout, you can choose to register as a single learner or select a multiple learner license. With a multiple learner license you will act as an administrator and add learners from your company.
Also available in French.