Disponible en français
This e-Course provides an overview of the requirements and applications of the Canada Labour Code, Part II. The Code governs the health and safety of employees working in federally-regulated industries and organizations. This includes the federal government crown corporations, communications, banking and inter-provincial transportation (via truck, air or rail).
Understand your responsibilities, identify and control work hazards, assist in an accident investigation.
Learn about the rights and responsibilities of employers, managers and supervisors who act on behalf of the employer and employees, as well as the roles of health and safety committees and representatives. Developed by the Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety (CCOHS).
- Introduction and Internal Responsibility System
- Rights and responsibilities of employers (managers and supervisors)
- Ways to meet employer responsibilities
- Due diligence
- Rights and responsibilities of employees
- Responsibilities of health and safety committees and representatives
- Workplace inspections
- Resolving complaints and work refusals
- Incident investigation
- Enforcement and consequences of non-compliance
- Criminal liability
Upon completion of this course, the participant will be able to
- Understand their responsibilities as a manager or supervisor under the Canada Labour Code - Part II
- Work with employees and the health and safety committee to identify and control work hazards
- Resolve complaints and work refusals
- Assist in an accident investigation
- Employees in federally-regulated businesses and organizations, such as
- federal government
- crown corporations
- interprovincial transportation (trucking, railways, and airlines)
- Human resources and health and safety professionals working in federally regulated organizations
This course is delivered as an on-line e-learning course. All you need is a computer, access to the Internet - and you are ready to go! This e-learning course is designed to help you learn at your own pace and in your own environment at your own convenience. During checkout, you can choose to register as a single learner or select a multiple learner license. With a multiple learner license you will act as an administrator and add learners from your company.
Also available in French.
"Excellent content and presentation."
96% agreed/strongly agreed that this course delivered good value for its cost.
CCOHS eLearning Satisfaction Survey Results, April 2015 - May 2016