Workplace injury and illness prevention is a shared responsibility of Ontario employers and employees. If an injury or illness occurs, it's important for the employer and the injured employee to focus on getting that employee back to meaningful and suitable work as soon as medically possible.
Find strategies and resources for setting up a successful return to work program.
This e-Course provides an overview of return to work (RTW) requirements in Ontario and offers strategies and resources for setting up a successful RTW program.
Developed by CCOHS in collaboration with IAPA, this course also features case studies, review quizzes, "Ask a Question", and access to resources from CCOHS and IAPA. Those who score at least 80% on the final exam will be able to print a certificate of completion.
- Cost effects of workplace injuries and illness
- Return to work requirements in Ontario
- Elements of a return to work program
- Getting your employee back to work
- Claims management and monitoring within Ontario
- Factors that influence return to work
- Keys to successful return to work
Upon completion of this course you will
- Have the required knowledge as to the what, why and how of a return to work program
- Be able to apply best practices while working with your injured employee, the attending medical professional and other parties involved
- Be able to implement a plan to get your injured worker back to work with mutually satisfying results
Average time to complete this course is about 50-60 minutes.
- Managers and supervisors
- Human resources representatives/professionals
- Health and safety professionals
This course is delivered as an on-line e-learning course. All you need is a computer, access to the Internet - and you are ready to go! This e-learning course is designed to help you learn at your own pace and in your own environment at your own convenience.
During checkout, you can choose to register as a single learner or select a multiple learner license. With a multiple learner license you will act as an administrator and add learners from your company.