Falls from slips and trips, from the same level, are common workplace injuries, which may cause serious injuries and disabilities.
Learn how to prevent slip, trip and fall accidents at your workplace.
Workers, managers, supervisors and committees will gain practical information, case studies and tips to help understand the causes of falls and take preventive measures. Developed by CCOHS in collaboration with WSPS.
- Basic cause of falls
- How slips and trips occur
- Roles of floor surfaces, stairs, walkways, housekeeping, obstructions, spills, and outdoor issues
- Worker and employer responsibilities
- Prevention of slip and trip hazards on surfaces and floors
- Prevention of slip and trip hazards on stairs
This course does not cover falls from heights or situations such as working on ladders.
Upon completion of this course you will
- Understand the causes of slip, trip and fall accidents
- Understand the importance of preventing falls
- Know good housekeeping practices and methods that help prevent falls
Average time to complete this course is about one hour.
- Workers - new and experienced
- Managers, supervisors
- Health and safety committees, facility managers
- Human resources and safety professionals with responsibilities for training and compliance
This course is delivered as an on-line e-learning course. All you need is a computer, access to the Internet - and you are ready to go! This e-learning course is designed to help you learn at your own pace and in your own environment at your own convenience. During checkout, you can choose to register as a single learner or select a multiple learner license. With a multiple learner license you will act as an administrator and add learners from your company.