This resource published by Carswell contains the complete and current Ontario Occupational Health and Safety Act (OH&S Act) and regulations. It also features a comprehensive index with page references, detailed Table of Contents, and listing of OH&S information resources. This makes it ideal for quick and precise referencing by users.
The consolidated edition is appropriate for use in all Ontario firms and organizations in the industrial, manufacturing, health care and construction sectors, as well as in offices and other institutions covered by the OH&S Act.
- Workplace Harassment - Bill 132, the Sexual Violence and Harassment Action Plan Act (Supporting Survivors and Challenging Sexual Violence and Harassment), 2016, expanding the definition of workplace harassment, establishing anti-harassment programs and complaint and investigation procedures, in force September 8, 2016.
- WHMIS 2015 - Bill 85, the Strengthening and Improving Government Act, 2015, implementing the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals (GHS), in force July 1, 2016.
- Noise - New O. Reg. 381/15, extending noise protection to all Ontario workers, with consequential amendments O. Regs. 382/15 (industrial establishments), 383/15 (mines and mining), 384/15 (oil and gas) and 385/15 (farming), in force July 1, 2016.
- Construction Projects - O. Reg. 242/16, amending O. Reg. 213/91, with respect to multi-point suspended access equipment, in force June 24, 2016, July 1, 2016 and January 1, 2017.
- Control of Exposure to Biological or Chemical Agents - O. Reg. 347/15, extending the application of the regulation to the construction industry and enabling use of "codes of practice," in force July 1, 2016.
- Confined Space - O. Reg. 346/15, amending O. Reg. 632/05, with respect to "acceptable atmospheric levels," in force July 1, 2016.
- Mining - O. Reg. 265/15, amending R.R.O. 1990, Reg. 854, with respect to electrical requirements, electrical locking and tagging, high visibility safety apparel and fees payable for rope testing, in force July 1, 2016. O. Reg. 166/16, amending R.R.O. 1990, Reg. 854, with respect to conveyors and diamond drilling operations, in force July 1, 2016; with respect to offences, in force October 1, 2016; with respect to risk assessments, records of occurrence, water drainage, water management programs and traffic management programs, in force January 1, 2017.
The OH&S Resources, Summary Conviction Offences, Index and Table of Contents have been updated and revised.