The Health and Safety Starter Kit sets the foundation for the health and safety of a small business.
The backbone of this actionable kit is the generic version of "Closing the Loop: Setting Up a Health & Safety System in Your Small Business" guide. The plain language guide is designed to direct small businesses through the requirements of a health and safety program.
Also included in the kit are official print versions of mandatory material for posting in most Ontario workplaces and other resources as listed below.
- Carswell 2018 Pocket Ontario Occupational Health & Safety Act and Regulations
- Closing the Loop: Setting Up a Health & Safety System in Your Small Business (generic)
- MOL: A guide to the Occupational Health and Safety Act
- MOL: A guide for JHSCs and representatives in the Workplace
- MOL: WHIMS - A Guide to the Legislation
- MOL: Health & Safety at Work: Prevention Starts Here poster
- WSIB: First Aid Requirements Regulation 1101
- WSIB: In Case of Injury at Work poster
- What Health & Safety Materials to Post
Upon completion, you will be able to
- Become familiar with the requirements of a health and safety program
- Begin to integrate health and safety into their workplace through the use of "Closing the Loop: Setting Up a Health & Safety System in Your Small Business" guide and self-assessment
- Get a heads-up in complying with mandatory workplace
This product will be of benefit to small or medium sized firms who are now getting started with their health and safety program. It will be of particular interest to:
This is a package of printed materials.