With the cold and flu season on the horizon, employers have the chance to educate and make their employees aware of the preventative measures available to them.
Here are some simple steps you as an employer can follow to prevent the flu in your workplace:
- Educate yourself and your staff on what the flu is and what it isn’t.
- Share information on how your employees can protect themselves and stop the spread of germs (i.e. proper hand washing, recommending the use of hand sanitizer, etc.)
- If possible, allow employees to work from home if they are sick. This stops them from spreading their germs on to other staff members and helps them get better sooner.
- Provide employees with information on where they can get vaccinated.
- Purchase supplies such as tissues, soap, and alcohol-based hand cleaners to encourage healthful habits in the workplace.
- Provide links to useful resources to educate employees on where they can go to get more information.
Not only will doing these simple things show that you are committed to the health, safety and wellness of your employees, it will also help you control sick time and the spread of germs in your workplace.
Please check out the following link for more information on flu prevention in the workplace: