Release Date: Aug 15, 2017
Take notice that the Annual General Meeting of the Members of Workplace Safety & Prevention Services will be held at the Centre for Health & Safety Innovation (CHSI), 5110 Creekbank Road, Mississauga, Ontario on Tuesday the 19th of September, 2017 at 1:00 o’clock in the afternoon, Toronto time, for the following purposes:
1. To receive the audited financial statements of the Corporation for the year ended March 31, 2017.
2. To appoint auditors of the Corporation for the ensuing fiscal year and to authorize the directors to fix their remuneration.
3. To consider and approve the acts and proceedings of the directors and officers of the Corporation taken since the last consideration and approval thereof, as disclosed or referred to in the minute books and records of the Corporation or in information provided to the Members by the Corporation.
4. To elect directors of the Corporation to fill the positions of directors whose term of office has expired, which directors shall hold office until the third annual general meeting of Members after their election.
5. To consider and, if deemed appropriate, approve a resolution confirming Amended and Restated By-Law No. 2 of the Corporation (Amended By-Law No. 2), being a general by-law of the Corporation; and
6. To transact such other business as may properly come before the meeting or any adjournment thereof.
AMENDED BY-LAW NO. 2
Members will be asked to consider and, if deemed appropriate, to pass a resolution confirming the approval of Amended By-Law No. 2 which incorporates amendments to the Corporations’ former general by-law, By-Law No. 2, generally of a housekeeping nature as follows:
(a) the name of the Corporation as stated therein has been updated to its current name.
(b) the terms of directorship (for non-ex officio directors) has been extended from six years in the aggregate to six years and three months in the aggregate for directors elected at an annual meeting held prior to 2017; except that both of such term limits shall not include the time when a director serves to complete the unexpired term of a director who has resigned or otherwise ceased to be a director; and
(c) the requirement to have two-thirds of the total number of directors being employed as employees by Employer Members has been removed; and
(d) the Board may appoint another standing committee, the Human Resources Committee Amended By-Law No. 2 was approved by the directors of the Corporation on December 6th 2016. Pursuant to the Corporations Act (Ontario), the directors must submit Amended By-Law No. 2 to the Members at the Meeting, and the Members may confi rm, reject or amend Amended By-Law No. 2. To be confirmed, the Members must approve the resolution by a majority of the votes cast by Members, either present in person or represented by proxy at the Meeting.
DATED at Toronto, Ontario, this 1st day of August, 2017.
BY ORDER OF THE BOARD
Name: George McClean
Title: Chair, WSPS Board of Directors