Partners in Prevention 2018 Health & Safety Conference & Trade Show is the premier meeting place for health and safety professionals to explore new opportunities, share best practices, exchange ideas, and network with leading industry experts who bring the latest information on market trends and innovations. The keynote speakers are booked, registration has opened, and the preliminary guide is ready to download!
The Canadian health and safety landscape is constantly shifting. Whether it's new legislation, innovations in technology, quality and safety standards, changing demographics or workplace culture, today's health and safety community is challenged with staying up to date on all of these changes. This year's theme Shifting Landscapes aims to help keep you ahead of the curve and up to date.
"The theme reflects the rapid movement we are seeing in the field," says Sherry Kirkpatrick, WSPS' Manager, Events Programming and Delivery. "Everything's changing, from the hazards (marijuana use) to the solutions (virtual reality training). This is an unparalleled opportunity for health and safety practitioners across the country to be on top of these changes."
Speakers will offer expert insights into cutting edge issues involving legislation, liability, leadership, mental health, workplace culture, effective JHSCs, and more. Plus, there’s more happening in the trade show than ever before. Download the preliminary guide today and discover new opportunities to expand your mind and your health and safety skills. Here are some highlights.
Dynamic keynote speakers
This year's conference welcomes four keynote speakers who will motivate and inspire you as they share their personal stories and messages.
- Seth Mattison, Trend Spotter, Workforce Strategist - Seth will outline his experiences working with many Fortune 100 organizations and cutting-edge research to shed new light on the key trends impacting each generation in the workplace today. He will provide insight into how each generation developed its core values, how those values manifest at work, and why the generations can not only operate alongside each other, but can do so with extraordinary success.
- Dr. Greg Wells, CTV Sport Science Analyst, Human Physiologist - Dr. Wells has coached, trained and inspired dozens of elite athletes. He’ll show you how to improve health, fitness and performance using simple techniques that can make an incredible difference.
- Amanda Lindhout, Kidnap Survivor, Journalist - In 2008, Amanda Lindhout travelled to Somalia where she was abducted by a group of masked men along a dusty road. Held hostage for 460 days, Amanda shares her story as well as her message of forgiveness, peace-building, human rights, and education.
- Dave Carroll, Singer-Songwriter - After United Airlines broke Dave’s guitar in checked luggage, he was the first to show how one person, armed with creativity, some friends, $150 and the Internet, could turn an entire industry upside down.
First, the trade show boasts over 400 exhibitors showcasing the latest products, services and innovations in health and safety. It’s a great first step to experience the conference. Our Super Early Bird Rates offer the best value for your training and education budget. Register to attend the trade show before April 13 at no charge.
Second, essential sessions on core health and safety topics will keep you up to date on the latest health and safety issues. Topical, timely sessions include:
- Legal Access to Marijuana: The Workplace Impact, Why It Matters and How to Manage It. A two-hour panel discussion
- Workplace Harassment: Managing Evolving Enforcement and Obligations
- Ministry of Labour Mock Trial
- Stand Up Against Stigma, with comedian Big Daddy Tazz
- WSIB “Claims Suppression”: New Compliance Issues and Employer Penalties
- EHS Management in the Era of Digital Enterprise
Third, gain insight on what's going on in the industry and connect with industry leaders championing a positive and dynamic workplace health and safety culture.
For complete registration details and more information, check out PartnersinPrevention.com.