Picture this: With feet firmly planted on the exhibit floor of the 2018 Partners in Prevention Health and Safety Conference and Trade Show, you suddenly find yourself underwater among shipwrecks and giant fish, walking with dinosaurs in prehistoric forests, or washing windows on a 10-storey building. These are just some of the virtual reality scenarios - new this year - you can experience at the conference, May 1-2 in Mississauga, Ontario. Register now. It's just days away.
It's unique experiences like these, plus the chance to check out innovative new products, services and resources, that make the trade show so popular among delegates each year. Be sure to add several visits to your agenda; with over 400 exhibits, there's a lot to see and do.
Seven trade show highlights
- Virtual Reality - Spirit Entertainment, Virtual Reality World (Booth #1517). Don goggles and a headset, then choose from our stimulating scenarios. "Virtual reality is the wave of the future for workplace training," says Tradeshow & Sponsorship Specialist Kristina Toomey. "This will introduce people to the VR world in an entertaining way so they can see its potential as a training tool."
- WSPS Booth (Booth #425). Try out workplace applications of virtual reality. Take a Mental Health Break in a serene nature setting for a moment of calm and reflection, or feel and see the perils of working at heights.
- WHMIS Escape Challenge (Booth #460). A locked room mystery with a safety twist tests your knowledge of WHMIS facts. Only by answering questions, clues, and riddles correctly can you advance to the next clue and eventually escape the room!
- Distracted Driving Pavilion (Booth #1422). New this year, test your ability to drive a pedal cart through a pylon obstacle course while wearing goggles that simulate marijuana and other impairments. Or try goggles that mimic drug or alcohol use. The OPP will be standing by to give out tickets!
- Book signings (Booth #103). This year's conference keynotes will captivate and engage you. Head to the Bookstore after each presentation to chat with the authors, buy their books and have them signed.
- Bring Safety Home (Booth #1407). Help your teen safely navigate their first days and weeks on the job. At this booth, you can gather critical info, watch demos and videos, and listen to guest speakers so you can help your young worker understand the risks and how to prevent them.
- High Risk Pavilion - IHSA (Booth #122). Entering a confined space is risky, but here you can practice your skills in a safe but realistic simulation. Get feedback on what you did right and what you did wrong.
Exhibitors at the trade show also have interactive fun and games lined up for conference delegates. Spending time on the trade show floor is always worth it.