Vice President, Field Operations
Region: Head Office - Mississauga
Position Openings: 1
Reporting to the President and CEO, the VP Field Operations is part of the Senior Leadership Team and is responsible for developing strategies and executing initiatives that allow the organization to meet customer acquisition, retention and service delivery targets in alignment with our customer and key stakeholder expectations. The VP develops a resourcing strategy to ensure the right resources are available and are appropriately assigned to accounts to best meet customers’ needs while providing an experience that sets WSPS apart from our competitors. The VP oversees the coordination and alignment of activity across the division including customer acquisition (business development & inside sales) and account management. The VP is also accountable for setting and driving measureable success through fully optimized delivery of service and customer satisfaction goals by ensuring the division delivers high quality services and manages its resources to meet agreed to business outcomes for customers.
The VP works to ensure alignment across regions and with the organization’s market and sales plans. As a senior WSPS leader, the VP builds strong relationships with key customers and external stakeholders and has a strong understanding of customers' needs and WSPS' value proposition in helping them meet their business objectives.
- Develops and implements WSPS’ overall sales growth strategy including the sales plan and objectives-seeking and incorporating relevant input/data from other internal stakeholders (e.g., Director BMS, VP Marketing, Regional Directors, etc.); embeds a more commercially-focused approach in the Division.
- Contributes to and helps evolve, the broader market and sales strategy for WSPS; brings market and customer intelligence, analysis, and recommendations to help inform the broader market strategy and enhance the 'go-to-market' approach; helps optimize the CRM and better leverage the organization's Subject Matter Experts.
- Understands and communicates the broader needs of customers and the external market and can effectively articulate WSPS' value proposition and customer ROI.
- Leads a cohesive and dispersed sales and delivery team of Regional Directors, Business Manager, Business Development, etc.
- Holds Directors accountable for the effective execution and implementation of customer plans and related delivery.
- Develops and implements additional metrics that can be used to enhance the field's services delivery; build on the establishment of measurement tools i.e. time tracking, to understand resource utilization rates and capacity management.
- Proactively engages in strategic resource and capacity planning/forecasting to ensure that the division can effectively deliver on business development activity (e.g., proposals, opportunities).
- Meets regularly with, and builds strong relationships with senior leaders of strategic customers-both current and prospective customers and with other key external stakeholders and partners including the Prevention System partners.
- Develops and nurtures a strong external network to stay current on emerging trends and best practices as well as potential vendors and partners.
- Effectively leads, guides, and coaches other people managers (i.e. Directors) so that they, in turn, can effectively lead their people.
- Ensures the development of a highly skilled, knowledgeable, and motivated workforce within the division.
- Develops and oversees the implementation of an effective succession plan for key positions in the division.
- Oversees the divisions' forecasting and budget preparation process; in collaboration with directors, sets sales target and objectives.
- Balances WSPS' business requirements with a strong customer focus.
- Evaluates the profitability and viability of opportunities and ensures that projects are profitable.
- Adheres to WSPS policies, procedures, process fact sheets, guidelines and business rules established in the WSPS Quality Management system which ensures the achievement of our quality goals.
- Contributes to promoting a healthy and safe culture, and links efforts to the WSPS quality management system approach (Plan, Do, Check, Act, Continuous Improvement Cycle).
- Monitors WSPS Quality Management system i.e. responds to organizational quality issues; recognizes critical errors and corrects them.
- Responsible for conformance to the overall Occupational health and safety management system, including adherence to health and safety standards, best practises, quality initiatives, and compliance with regulation and legislation.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- A post-secondary undergraduate and/or graduate degree;
- 10+ years of progressive business-to-business management experience, ideally demonstrating a mix of sales & marketing leadership with service delivery and operational management expertise; will complement private sector expertise with experience gained within not-for-profit environments;
- Experience managing consulting/professional services operations;
- Demonstrable experience in customer targeting, acquisition, onboarding, satisfaction and retention;
- Experience developing sales and customer plans; is comfortable implementing specific sales funnel methodologies and structuring revenue targets and sales quotas;
- Can effectively act as a key strategic contributor to the Board, the President & CEO and the Senior Leadership Team while also an drawing on an entrepreneurial spirit;
- Strong planning and analysis skills to perform quantitative analysis;
- Solid project management skills;
- Computer literate with a good level of comfort in the use of mobile and digital delivery technology tools and platforms;
- Should be well-versed in applying strong business case analysis to new initiatives and/or large project opportunities; can bring an evidence-based decision-making capability
- Will ideally bring depth and breadth to the position, including experience in customer care, program & training delivery and technical services;
- Possesses strong business acumen, able to work through and communicate WSPS's mandate and objectives from a business perspective;
- The VP should be a strong coach and educator when it comes to raising the overall commercial acumen of managers across the organization and drawing a strong correlation between future program engagement and exemplary service delivery
- Will not waver from embracing a high level of personal integrity; is willing and able to confront and manage an organization through difficult issues;
- Will integrate well into a collegial working environment and act as a trusted and credible 'bridge' between corporate and the field;
- Can enhance employee engagement in the field and across the organization; can effectively motivate their team beyond the use of financial incentives/salary adjustments;
- Has poise and presence; brings a positive, 'glass is half full' attitude complemented by a very strong work ethic;
- Politically savvy and can maneuver through complex situations effectively with patience, diplomacy and sensitivity; demonstrates strong negotiating and influencing skills; and,
- A skilled communicator and listener, able to take and defend unpopular positions, and capable of establishing a high level of credibility, both internally and externally with a wide variety of stakeholders.
Please forward a confidential expression of interest (cover letter and current resume) prior to Friday, January 19th, 2018
Applications are to be forwarded to Ed Perkovic at: email@example.com
Complete application will include: Cover letter and Resume
Should you have any questions regarding this exciting and challenging opportunity, please contact:
P.O. Box 20, 250 Yonge Street, 28th Floor
Toronto, ON M5B 2L9
WSPS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, WSPS will provide accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require.
We thank all those that apply, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.