Location: Head Office (Mississauga)
Position Openings: 1
Under the direction of the Manager, Budgeting, Financial Planning and Purchasing, Purchasing Officer will procure select goods and services for WSPS and process purchasing transactions for equipment, materials, supplies and business services. This role will provide quality, prompt and cost effective purchasing solutions that promote good business practices, and meet the needs of WSPS and external customers; while upholding Provincial and Federal laws, Broader Public Sector (BPS) Procurement Directive, a purchasing ethical code, and health, safety and environmental requirements. The incumbent will assist in facility management and provide guidance to administrative support services staff and using procurement expertise. The incumbent will be a WSPS resource for projects and the formulation of business plans, policies and procedures.
Note: Percentages refer to approximate % of time spent on each area, over the course of a given year.
1. Purchasing (80%)
- Source vendors and negotiate favorable terms and/or pricing required to supply goods or services to the specifications of internal and external stakeholders.
- Write and invite tenders, analyze proposals, prepare correspondence that recommend best value using WSPS policies, practices and directives that will uphold professional integrity and Canadian Supply Chain Management (SCM) business practices.
- Procure goods and services using internal and external electronic systems. Ensure consistency with established quality and safety standards and Directives within assigned delivery timeframes.
- Maintain department records for manual and electronic requisitions, bids, tenders, RFI/RFP, purchase orders, Vendor lists, quotations, inventory control and other general vendor and purchasing records that are required for verification of sound business practices used by WSPS.
- Create or maintain strong professional relationships with all internal/external customers and vendors.
- Deliver training on a variety of purchasing and administrative processes/functions and act as a subject matter expert to provide ongoing guidance to all WSPS staff on procurement related matters.
- Keep abreast of the marketplace for procurement goods and services, the processes and the trends that will benefit WSPS.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
2. Facilities (20%)
- Ensure the general office facilities are well maintained and are acceptable for normal business use.
- Replace items that may not meet health & safety standards by working with the Health, Safety & Wellness Program Lead, manage or replace consumable supplies, furniture repairs and requested building services.
- Manage and facilitate access to WSPS office and CHSI building.
3. Contributes to a healthy and safe work environment
- Adheres to WSPS policies, procedures, process fact sheets, guidelines and business rules established in the WSPS Quality Management system which ensures the achievement of our quality goals.
- Contributes to promoting a healthy and safe culture, and links efforts to the WSPS quality management system approach (Plan, Do, Check, Act, Continuous Improvement Cycle).
- Acts as a role model internally and externally by demonstrating knowledge of health and safety and wellness practises.
Knowledge, skills & experience:
- A post-secondary diploma or degree in Finance or Business Administration or Marketing.
- Completed or close to completion of the SCMA Supply Management Training or equivalent.
- Enrollment in a professional purchasing designation program or Supply Chain Management Association.
- Knowledge of Contract law or complete relevant course/training.
- 5 years of public sector experience as a multiple commodity buyer with extensive working experience in applying the Broader Public Sector (BPS) Procurement Directive.
- Experience in utilizing the electronic tendering network e.g. MERX and Biddingo.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite.
- Proficient in Business Portal and MS Great Plains.
Deadline for Application: Friday, January 5, 2018 @ 12:00 PM (EST)
Applications are to be forwarded to: email@example.com
Complete application will include: Cover letter and Resume
WSPS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, WSPS will provide accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require.
We thank all those that apply, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.