Location: Head Office
Position Openings: 1
Under the direction of the Director, Product & Program Delivery, the Portfolio Lead will lead and manage a product portfolio from inception to external launch, developing and executing on a roadmap that drives customer engagement, corporate profitability and long term sustainability. This role is responsible for improving the business and revenue performance of assigned product lines/categories in coordination with cross-functional WSPS departments.
The Portfolio Lead will create and manage plans intended to increase the value of existing products and oversee the development of timely and high-quality new products or solutions. Thus, the successful candidate must possess business acumen; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality. This role requires both strong relationship building with key customers and other external stakeholders, as well as an internal focus on product/program design, process execution, team engagement and brand cohesion.
Note: Percentages refer to approximate % of time spent on each area, over the course of a given year.
New Product Development Strategy (50%)
- For the assigned solution portfolio, recommends direction of new solution development focusing on a blend of lagging indicators (i.e., past performance of similar solutions), leading indicators (i.e., legislative changes, customer interviews) and innovative design ideas (i.e., new technology platforms).
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams for scoping, development, oversight, issue resolution, problem solving, resource allocation and outcome delivery of projects.
- Drives the successful launch of new solutions by integrating early stage design and market positioning with effective project management and financial/policy analysis.
- Writes and presents new solution business cases to Product Leadership Team (PLT).
- Acts as a solution champion within the organization, promoting the benefits via staff communication, integrated sales planning and the demonstration of coordinated marketing.
- Ensures new solution development leverages existing WSPS investments (e.g., partnerships, sector research, existing regional or unofficial products, etc.) .
- Maximizes solution targeting while reducing investment risk by working with core customers to conduct research, specify needs, review content and build marketplace support.
Current Product/Program Management (25%)
- Provides forecasts and category analysis to support effective decision-making and process control adherence.
- Defines product communication goals and provides data/market insights for tactical planning including campaigns, bundles, advertising, partnership development and policy associations.
- Recommends product/program pricing utilizing research data, COGS, forecasts and other inputs.
- Assesses and maintains products/solutions through life cycle and recommends actions to support organizational brand, policy and revenue performance metrics.
- Supports secondary and tertiary product reach, revenue and reputation opportunities including, but not limited to, licensing and rights management.
Business Planning and H&S Quality Leadership (25%)
- Creates or makes significant content contributions to Business Plans to support forecasted revenue projections and continuous improvement.
- Establishes, leads and communicates results from product line/categories.
- Liaises with internal stakeholders to actively influence the design, application and performance of product line/categories through research, policy, competitive analysis, market identification and other investments.
- Drives innovation by seeking industry best practices, exploring innovations that create new value networks, testing new concepts, and initiating other activities designed to create competitive advantage for WSPS.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending workshops, reviewing professional publications, and establishing personal networks.
- Participates in budget planning, administration and forecasting.
- Helps coach and develop team members to facilitate problem solving and collaboration.
- Adheres to WSPS policies, procedures, process fact sheets, guidelines and business rules established in the WSPS Quality Management system.
- Contributes to promoting a healthy and safe culture, and links efforts to the WSPS quality management system approach (Plan, Do, Check, Act, Continuous Improvement Cycle).
- Acts as a role model internally and externally by demonstrating knowledge of health and safety and wellness practises.
Knowledge, skills & experience:
- Relevant post-secondary education in business administration, marketing.
- Degree in Marketing, Business Administration or related preferred.
- 3-5 years related experience in brand management, product/program development, sales, marketing or equivalent.
- Exceptionally strong writing and communication skills.
- Appropriate technical skills associated with product line/category.
- Project management experience preferred.
- Design experience preferred.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat, Net-Meeting.
- Valid Ontario's Driver License.
- Access to vehicle that meets MTO safety standards.
Deadline for Application: Wednesday, March 14, 2018 @ 12:00 PM (EST)
Applications are to be forwarded to: email@example.com
Complete application will include: Cover letter & Resume with the position title in the subject line.
WSPS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, WSPS will provide accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require.
We thank all those that apply, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.