Inside Sales Representative
Location: Head Office (Mississauga)
Position Openings: 1
Reporting to the Business Manager, the Inside Sales Representative will support organizational sales and revenue growth by engaging companies that seek Occupational Health & Safety (OHS) products, services and expertise. The individual will be asked to support various initiatives that focus on acquiring new customers and those that aim to retain existing customers. The role requires excellent communication skills and strong ability to convey a message using a telephone.
The Inside Sales Representative will be asked to conduct a significant number of telephone calls in an effort to qualify existing opportunities for future work with firms, follow up on leads that emerge from partnership event and conferences, and engage the customer post-service delivery to confirm satisfaction and discuss any additional needs. The roles will be very tightly integrated with the WSPS Account Management staff, Conference and Marketing groups.
Note: Percentages refer to approximate % of time spent on each area, over the course of a given year
1. Sales engagement (70%)
- Engage in cold-calling of potential and existing customers.
- Combination of cold calling, lead follow up and targeted marketing activities to successfully identify sales prospects by demonstrating excellent prospecting skills, ability to qualify leads and follow-up business opportunities with Business Developers Identify robust sales opportunities by engaging prospective customers seeking by leveraging strategic target lists generated by business intelligence systems.
- Pursue opportunities entered into CRM and classified as 20-70% probability for closing. Engage the companies to respond to questions pertaining to the organization and ascertain future plans.
- Triage and further investigate 'sales leads / opportunities' that emerge from conferences, trades shows and other events attended by front line staff. Engage the companies to understand whether a lead is credible and advise an account managers if additional contact is warranted.
- Follow up with existing customer’s post-service delivery to discuss satisfaction and respond to any additional questions pertaining to services.
- Act as a critical resource for marketing initiatives designed to increase sales growth within a specific product portfolio or line of business.
- Responsible for making contact with potential customers as a mechanism to help generate interest in WSPS' products and services.
- Establish and maintain friendly relations with customers while providing exceptional customer service.
2. Planning & relationship building (30%)
- Collaborate with the Customer Care department to qualify incoming phone calls and other form of inquiries pertaining to service delivery capacity. Forward information to the appropriate territory / account managers as warranted.
- Work in collaboration with the e-business and marketing teams to support low-touch sales activities across all lines of business.
- Support corporate and territory sales planning activities.
- Effectively liaise with account managers and relevant internal stakeholders to relay customer intelligence and feedback necessary for future customer engagement.
- Maintain/update CRM activity tracking to ensure that all customer interactions and information is entered and available for review.
- Support the evaluation of corporate and territory sales plans to understand the success of initiatives that were pursued in each quarter.
3. Contributes to a healthy and safe work environment
- Adheres to WSPS policies, procedures, process fact sheets, guidelines and business rules established in the WSPS Quality management system which ensures the achievement of our quality goals.
- Contributes to promoting a healthy & safe culture, follows WSPS health, safety and wellness policies and practices, and links efforts to the WSPS Managed Systems approach (Plan, Do, Check, Act, Continuous Improvement Cycle).
- Acts as a role model internally and externally by demonstrating knowledge of health and safety and wellness practises, weighing options for sound risk management decision making.
Knowledge, skills & experience:
- Post-secondary diploma/degree in a relevant business field.
- Business / marketing degree, or an OHS diploma / degree from a recognized post-secondary institution considered an asset (preferred).
- 2 - 3 years related inside sales experience.
- 3+ years of engaging existing and prospective customers to discuss service needs and future plans is preferred.
- Health & Safety knowledge / relevant expertise considered an asset.
- Project coordination skills.
- Exceptional verbal and written skills with a high level of confidence.
- Strong customer management and relationship building skills.
- Must be comfortable on the telephone and be able to engage customers.
- Good judgment and strong problem-solving abilities.
- Proficiency with the MS Office suite including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Deadline for Application: Friday, November 3, 2017 @ 12:00 PM (EST)
Applications are to be forwarded to Human Resources at: email@example.com
Complete application will include: Cover letter and Resume
WSPS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, WSPS will provide accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require.
We thank all those that apply, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.