Health and Safety Account Manager
Location: Home Office
Region: Residency required in Durham Region
Position Openings: 1
Reporting to the Territory Manager, this position is responsible for generating revenue growth and achieving sales objectives within existing customer accounts, as well as growing the business within the territory. Acting as a Business Partner, the Account Manager develops and executes upon customer plans for assigned accounts, and identifies opportunities to implement WSPS solutions to meet customers’ needs. The Account Manager will work collaboratively with the delivery team and other internal stakeholders to ensure a high degree of customer satisfaction and retention.
Note: Percentages refer to approximate % of time spent on each area, over the course of a given year.
- Develops customer plans for assigned accounts in collaboration with internal stakeholders.
- Ensure a strong understanding of customers' needs and business objectives and keeps the team informed of evolving needs.
- Provides data, insight, and market intelligence to Territory Manager to help inform other sales plans; Ensures customer plans are aligned to broader plans and WSPS' go-to-market strategy.
- Take steps to identify the linkages of assigned customers with other plans to leverage existing relationships.
Sales and relationship-building (60%)
- Accountable for driving revenue growth and meeting sales targets within assigned customer accounts.
- Maintains and deepens relationships with existing customers, ensuring the successful planning, implementation, and delivery of value-add solutions.
- Adjusts customer plans regularly to align with the evolving needs of customers.
- Prepares and presents effective proposals to existing customers to deliver business/health and safety solutions that meet their business needs.
- Able to prepare/negotiate cost effect contract terms under WSPS guidelines in collaboration with the Territory Manager and Consulting Delivery Manager, provides input into the effective resourcing of projects based on the needs of existing customers.
- Develops and maintains strong relationships with key external stakeholders such as trade associations.
- Promotes WSPS at key events/speaking engagements and trade shows and effectively serves as a ‘brand ambassador' in the market.
- Enlists support from other WSPS stakeholders when needed to help support significant sales opportunities.
- Monitors and manages delivery within assigned accounts to ensure projects are effectively executed.
- Follows up regularly with customers to ensure ongoing satisfaction.
Internal transition support and administration (20%)
- Effectively transitions sales plans to delivery team for execution.
- Keeps current on WSPS product and services solutions/offerings as well as emerging H&S trends and industry trends; Communicates potential new opportunities including new products and services for customers, to the managers.
- Utilizes established internal processes to support the customer with the implementation of health & safety solutions.
- Responds to internal and external inquiries to meet organizational service standards.
- Applies time and priority management techniques to effectively address administrative demands.
- Maintains home office files, materials, equipment, and office environment.
- Ensures the proper and secure storage of information and documentation.
- Tracks metrics for assigned accounts.
- Adheres to WSPS policies, procedures, process fact sheets, guidelines and business rules established in the WSPS Quality Management system which ensures the achievement of our quality goals.
- Contributes to promoting a healthy and safe culture, and links efforts to the WSPS Managed system approach (Plan, Do, Act, Check, Continuous Improvement Cycle).
- Acts as a role model internally and externally by demonstrating knowledge of health and safety and wellness practises, weighing options for sound risk management decision making.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, skills & experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or related discipline and/or equivalent experience.
- Certified Management Consultant (CMC) designation considered an asset.
- 3-5 years related industry experience.
- Strong sales, business, and account/project management experience or skills.
- Relationship-building, listening, and presentation/facilitation skills.
- Ability to work with a team to cultivate customer relationships.
- Strong oral & written communication skills.
- Experience developing sales plans.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety, including legislation and technical standards.
- Thorough understanding of a Managed Systems Approach.
- Valid Driver's License.
- Access to a vehicle that meets minimum MTO safety standards.
- Maintains a home office in a safe manner.
Deadline for Application: Friday, January 5, 2018 @ 12:00 PM (EST)
Applications are to be forwarded to: email@example.com
Complete application will include: Cover letter and Resume
WSPS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, WSPS will provide accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require.
We thank all those that apply, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.