Health & Safety Consulting Representative
Region: 1 in Chatham Region
1 in Durham Region
Position Openings: 2
Reporting to the Consulting Services Manager, the H&S Consulting Representative partners with Consultants, Senior Account Managers (SAM), Account Managers (AM) and Safety Group Program Lead to support the safety group program and deliver training solutions to customers. The H&S Consulting Representative occasionally conducts consulting work necessary to meet customer’s needs, as well as any special projects that meet the organizational mission, and objectives.
The H&S Consulting Representative nurtures, develops and maintains relationships with internal and external stakeholders (customers, system partners, etc.). The H&S Consulting Representative promotes the benefits of implementing health and safety initiatives while actively looking for opportunities to expand WSPS’ service offerings to the customer. This role proactively responds to customer information requests promptly and accurately, acting as a resource or gateway for health and safety information and service.
Note: Percentages refer to approximate % of time spent on each area, over the course of a given year.
1. Maintain and support the safety group program (35%)
- Collaborates with Consultants, Senior Account Managers and Account Managers to lead and execute the Safety Group Program plan for customers (this includes regular and SGAP member).
- Collaborates with Safety Group Program Lead to effectively coordinate, promote and manage the assigned safety group chapters.
- Proactively supports customers with regards to Safety Group requirements and provides feedback regarding customer implementation of their Safety Group requirements.
- Creates networking opportunities within Safety Group chapters and promotes Safety Group program.
- Prepares for and leads chapter meetings and delivers Safety Group related presentations.
- Completes firm spot checks.
- Identifies opportunities for improvement with regards to customer’s individual SG program.
- Provides timely response to customer requests and inquiries.
- In collaboration with Safety Group Administrator, administers and coordinates chapter(s) meeting and reporting requirements.
- Identifies, grows, and maintains Safety Group Chapter membership to achieve injury/illness reduction Provides regional insight into the development and implementation of marketing plans and targeting initiatives for Safety Group Program.
2. Deliver WSPS training programs and workshops (45%)
- Facilitates on-site and public training to customers to increase workplace health and safety awareness, using established WSPS training standards and materials.
- Ensures quality and consistency in the delivery of WSPS training programs by following the lesson plan as provided.
- Reviews training materials in advance of delivery and becomes comfortable with the various facilitated exercises.
- Escalates technical H&S questions to Duty Consultant or Consultant and responds to the customers.
- Draws out and incorporates personal experiences of the participants relative to the training topic.
3. Conduct & deliver consulting services to customers (10%)
- Provides consulting services as assigned.
- Ensures quality and consistency of reports that are provided to customers.
- Keeps abreast of current H&S knowledge and best practises related to the sectors and industries we serve.
- Communicates potential new opportunities including new products and services to customers.
- Shares responsibility for territory revenue by identifying opportunities for revenue targets (i.e. by attracting and retaining new Safety Group members etc.).
4. Internal transition, support and administration (10%)
- Works with SAMs, AMs and Consultants to establish project timelines and expectations to ensure that contractual agreements with customers are met.
- Maintains records of all activities using the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system on a regular basis and submits reports as required.
- Utilizes internal processes and tools on a regular basis including: Employee Self-Serve System, Microsoft Outlook calendar, Business Portal etc.
- Apply time and priority management techniques to address consulting and administrative demands (reports, e-mail, organizational initiatives).
- Responds to internal and external inquiries to meet organizational service standards.
- Maintains home office files, materials, equipment and office environment.
- Ensures proper and secure storage of information and documentation.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
5. Contributes to a healthy and safe work environment
- Adheres to WSPS policies, procedures, process fact sheets, guidelines and business rules established in the WSPS Quality Management system which ensures the achievement of our quality goals.
- Contributes to promoting a healthy and safe culture, and links efforts to the WSPS quality management system approach (Plan, Do, Check, Act, Continuous Improvement Cycle).
- Acts as a role model internally and externally by demonstrating knowledge of health and safety and wellness practices, weighing options for sound risk management decision making.
Knowledge, skills & experience:
- Certificate or Diploma in Occupational Health & Safety or related discipline from a Community College and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Current or working towards Health & Safety (CRSP) designation.
- 1-3 years' experience facilitating training sessions and group work activities in various settings (e.g. industrial, service and/or farming sector).
- Ability to relate to varying levels within organizations.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety legislation including technical standards.
- Knowledge of Safety Group program and processes.
- Strong customer focus.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Time management skills.
- Ability to collaborate and work in a team environment.
- Valid Ontario Driver's license.
- Access to a vehicle that meets MTO safety standards.
- Maintains home office in safe manner.
Preferred Requirements/Considered an asset:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Health & Safety or related discipline considered an asset.
- Current Health and Safety (CRSP) Designation.
- 3+ years of experience facilitating both public and onsite training sessions in various settings (e.g. industrial, service and farming sectors).
- Technical qualifications for conducting audits and assessments.
Deadline for Application: Monday, November 6, 2017 @ 12:00 PM (EST)
Applications are to be forwarded to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Complete application will include: Cover letter and Resume
WSPS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, WSPS will provide accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require.
We thank all those that apply, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.