Casual Health and Safety Trainer (Contract)
Position Openings: 1
Region: Eastern Greater Toronto Area
Under the direction of the Consulting Services Manager, the Casual Health & Safety Trainer will be asked to deliver Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) training, primarily Joint Health & Safety Certification courses. Training will be delivered at customer locations, and WSPS head office located at the Centre for Health and Safety Innovation (CHSI) if needed. The individual in the role will be responsible for ensuring that the delivered training aligns to WSPS quality standards and is delivered in line with the established Ministry of Labour (MOL) requirements.
Note: Percentages refer to approximate % of time spent on each area, over the course of a given year.
1. Delivery of scheduled WSPS Training Programs and Workshops (90%)
- Ensure quality and consistency in the delivery of WSPS training programs by following the lesson plan as laid out by Product Development.
- Review course materials in advance of delivery and be comfortable with the various facilitated exercises.
- Able to facilitate and instruct individual and group work activities.
- Ensure that customer inquiries are professionally answered and referred to appropriate information sources.
- Able to elicit and incorporate the personal experiences of the participants relative to the training topic.
- Complete and submit on a timely basis, all required documents related to training delivery as required.
- Represent WSPS as a brand ambassador at all times.
2. Internal Transition Support and Administration (10%)
- Apply time and priority management techniques to address training administrative demands (reports, e-mail, organizational initiatives).
- Track time spent daily in WSPS Business Portal.
- Respond to internal and external inquiries to meet organizational service standards.
- Follow documentation standards (CRM).
- And any other duties as assigned.
3. Contributes to a Healthy and Safe work environment (at all times)
- Adheres to WSPS policies, procedures, process fact sheets, guidelines and business rules established in the WSPS Quality Management system which ensures the achievement of our quality goals.
- Contributes to promoting a healthy and safe culture, and links efforts to the WSPS quality management system approach (Plan, Do, Check, Act, Continuous Improvement Cycle).
- Acts as a role model internally and externally by demonstrating knowledge of health and safety and wellness practises.
Education and experience:
- Certificate or Diploma in Occupational Health & Safety or related discipline from a Community College.
- Bachelor's Degree in Occupational Health & Safety or related discipline is preferred.
- 3 to 4 years' experience facilitating training sessions for the industrial, service and/or farming sector clients.
- 5+ years of experience facilitating both public and in-plant training sessions for the industrial, service and farming sector clients considered an asset.
- Recognized Health & Safety designation an asset.
- Knowledge of Adult learning principles.
- Facilitation/Instruction skills in various settings and levels of employees/management.
- Strong Presentation and Computer skills required.
- Ability to work in a team environment/collaboration.
- Excellent oral and written skills.
- Ability to travel.
- Valid Driver's license.
- Access to a vehicle that meets minimum MTO safety standards.
Deadline for Application: Wednesday, March 14, 2018 @ 12:00 PM (EST)
Applications are to be forwarded to: email@example.com
Complete application will include: Cover letter and Resume referencing the job title in the subject line
WSPS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, WSPS will provide accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require.
We thank all those that apply, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.